Making new years resolutions – and, crucially, following them – has never been a strong suit of mine. So this year I’m not giving anything up, I’m not setting unrealistic goals, and I will plan for things to go wrong.
What I am doing is encouraging myself – and others – to practice their artistic talents by producing fifty pieces of art related to cats over the course of the year.
It’s Fifty Shades of Feline.
“But how do I get in on the ground floor of this revolutionary idea?!” I hear you cry. Allow me to expatiate!
- Create a piece of art inspired by your cat or other cats (I’m sure like many others, my cat is my muse). Draw, paint, sing, make videos, craft – whatever you feel like.
- Use the hashtag #fiftyshadesoffeline so that we can see everyone’s work, and I’ll repost some.
- Nothing has to be perfect, beautifully artistic or poignant. Just do what you can and get it out there! It’s about quantity, not quality.
- You may have noticed that a year has 52 weeks in it. I have done 50 specifically so that you can have two weeks off. Use them wisely!
- The idea is to have 50 pieces by the end of 2017. If you don’t end up starting until later in the year, you can choose to either play catch-up or start the year from your first piece. Your call.
I’m going to be attempting this with my fancy new drawing tablet. I can’t draw, so don’t expect much.
Let’s kick this off shall we?!